But of course today Ava woke up and her eye was swollen.
I noticed yesterday that it looked a little different,
but when I asked her if it hurt she said no.
As soon as she was up today she told me her eye hurt.
I wasn't sure if I should wait until we were back in Austin or take her to the doctor here.
Of course being the worry wart that I am I was afraid it would get worse and
we can not change our flights or stay in the apartment past Saturday.
I called a pediatrician and they said they could not see me because
I would not be a long term patient.
Same day appointments are reserved for established patients.
Nice, real nice.
I then asked "the scheduler" to refer me to an urgent care and
she said they do not refer patients to urgent care, they refer them to the ER.
Seriously, you have got to be kidding me!
I was NOT going to the ER for a swollen eye.
So I put my thinking cap on and since LUCKILY we have a PPO and do not need a referral
I called an Ophthalmologist and was able to get in today.
It is only a sty, but at least I have the peace of mind that she is okay.
By the time I snapped a picture the swelling had gone down a lot.

No comments:
Post a Comment